New year, new blog

Hello and welcome to Cooking with MC! The blog where I will share some of my favorite dishes, from my kitchen in Spain to yours. 

Some of you might have found me through my main blog, Monster Crafts, which is a blog focused on doll collecting. For a while, I wanted to incorporate some cooking, which is so important in Spanish culture, but I didn't really know how to do it. Besides that, I thought some people who were interested in the collecting part might not be interested in a cooking tutorial. On the other hand, people who might want to seek some cooking blogs might have been confused to find a recipe on a doll collecting blog. So, I decided it would be a great idea to create a side blog for my cooking adventures.

Spanish empanadillas with garden peas


My plan for this blog is to share some of my favorite recipes and foods. I want to bring some attention to some Spanish dishes that might not be as well known internationally, but you can also expect some international dishes. Since I know not all the ingredients I use will be available in other areas, I will try to explain my best what it is, so you can find the best alternative. 

I'll try to post regularly, once a month, and try to bring you a dish that matches the season we're on, but that probably won't go as planned. In order to keep this blog as organized and easy to navigate as possible, I will use tags to classify my posts. Tags such as slow cooker, pressure cooker or traditional will help you find recipes suitable for your preferred method of cooking.



Home made pizza

One last thing I want o mention is that I'm not a professional chef, so don't take what I say as words from an expert. This blog is based on my personal experience and preferences. I don't see this blog as a way to teach people "the right way", but rather as a tool to share what I do and learn together. 

So, if this sounds like something you're interested too, don't hesitate to start following me. I'd love to have you around here.

Big hugs

Monster Crafts


Comments

  1. I will be sure to follow you here too MC, I'm always interested in what others like to cook. I do have a book here which is all about Spanish cooking but haven't tried many of the recipes, maybe you will inspire me to do so :)
    Big hugs, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. Spanish cooking is very diverse and it might change a lot from one area to another. I hope I can inspire you to try something new, that's one of the goals of the blog.
      Big hugs to you too.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Linda! I'm currently working on my first recipe, hopefully it will be up at some point between today and tomorrow. Big hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slow cooker roasted chicken

Spanish empanadillas stuffed with garden peas