New kitchen appliance: air-fryer

This Christmas I recieved a little gift for my kitchen adventures ( Well, technically, it was on the Three Wise Men Night, which is January 5th.). An air fryer! I started being curious about them a few months ago, so I wasn't expecting to get one. So far we're experimenting with it, trying to find our staple dishes to make with it. 


We got this Moulinex fryer. The manufacturer states this allows you to make up to 6 servings, and my partner considered that was the perfect size for just the two of us. I don't think it's that big, it's the right size to make chicken for 2 without having to stack the pieces. The instructions that come with it are quite scarce, so we're figuring out the times and temperature by searching on the Internet. 


So far the recipe that seems to be having the biggest success is breaded chicken. My partner isn't a big fan of chicken in general, he finds it too dry, but breaded chicken he's in love with. 

Breaded Chicken in Air-Fryer

One thing I really want to try is making homemade croquettes. I did buy a few at a local store and one thing I learned is that you shouldn't shake the basket with certain croquettes or they will end up completely destroyed. 


So far I'm really happy with the air-fryer and I can't wait to keep experimenting with it. If you have an air-fryer, let me know which are your favourite dishes to make with it.

That's all I have to share today. My next post should be up in a couple of weeks. I do already have photos taken for my next 3 posts, I just need to work on the text. See you very soon. 

M.C.




Comments

  1. Hi Linda! It really comes in handy. Ours also has little icons on top, which sometimes come in handy, but there's no option for croquettes, so that we had search. I'm having fun experimenting. Last week I tried to make garlic bread with it, but it turned out too dry.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food photography is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have not yet invested in an air fryer because I had heard that fried food you make with it really doesn't taste like that which is cooked in oil. However...I am sure that in time, this appliance will be perfected. And when that time comes....I'll be right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! I don't fry many things with oil, but I do agree that some things don't taste the same. I did try to fry bread and it just wasn't it. French fries for example they taste fine, much better than made in the oven. I like also cooking chicken, it doesn't taste as dry as it does if you cook it in a pan. It just depends on the dish and your culinary habits.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slow cooker roasted chicken

Slow cooker onion soup